Generally all public events will require public liability insurance.  Organisations or groups planning to host an event should hold insurance prior to making an application to Council.  It is important that you check with your insurance broker that the nature of the event is covered under your policy.  Council requires a minimum of $10million in cover and must be listed as an interested party on all Certificates of Currency.  You should lodge a copy of your certificate of currency with your Proposal to Stage an Event.

You will need to check the individual insurance requirements of non-Council venues.

You may also be required to ensure that vendors that you engage for your event (such as food or amusement) hold insurance as well.  Details of what is required will be provided to you once your Proposal to Stage an Event is processed.